Moving can be a stressful time, but it can also be an exciting adventure. Here are some tips to help make your next move as smooth and stress-free as possible
1. Start planning early – give yourself plenty of time to research and plan ahead. Start by listing all the tasks you need to complete and create a timeline to help you stay on track.
2. Research moving companies – different research companies and compare prices. Make sure to read reviews and ask for referrals from people you know.
3. The cheapest is never the best. It’s a good plan to look at accredited companies, ie those who are FIDI Accredited. Check out our accreditations here.
4. Arrange a pre-move survey so you have an idea of the time needed and cost.
5. Make a list of what you’re moving – make a detailed list of all the items you’ll be taking with you so that you can let the packers know.
6. Mark Items or separate items which you are not taking with you.
7. Leftover items which are in working condition can be donated to charity or sold.
8. Take an inventory of your belongings – take photos or videos of your belongings so that you can document them in case something gets damaged or lost during the move.
9. Stay organized – create a colour-coded filing system to help you organize and keep track of important documents and paperwork.
10. Take breaks – take some time to relax and take a break from the moving process. Moving can be overwhelming and exhausting, so take care of yourself.
11.Celebrate – once the move is complete, take a moment to celebrate! Moving can be a stressful experience, but it’s also an opportunity to start anew in a new home.