Data privacy protection is becoming more and more important in the increasingly technological orientated world. Our in-house computer system is already equipped with an array of functions to protect confidential data. Staff is trained by senior management to understand the importance of data privacy protection management.
We provide information to our Customers and to our overseas agents and staff members. We try to work with Agents with likeminded attitude to Data Privacy Protection Management such as FIDI Agents.
CHOICE AND CONSENT
By accepting our quotation, due to the nature of our industry, our customers are authorising us to use sensitive data in order to carry out and complete the relocation. It is at the consent of the customer to provide additional information that may not strictly be required in the course of the relocation.
We will ask Customers to provide us with confidential information either through e-mail or by personal pick-up.
USE, RETENTION AND DISPOSAL OF DATA
Staff are trained on the importance of data confidentiality. Use of data, such as passport copy etc. is limited to the purposes of the removal only. All correspondence between staff member on any given file is entered into our move management system for greater transparency.
In the UAE all Files must be retained for a period of 7 years. Information stored on the computer is protected, hard files will be shredded after that period and soft files deleted.
Each staff member has a log in username and pass code to enable access to their own computers. Other staff members will not be able to access their files. The General Manager is able to view all incoming e-mails, in case a staff member is absent and redirect to an appropriate person.
DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
Disclosure to third parties will only be made where the agent or supplier acts as an agent to DASA with similar principles.
SECURITY FOR PRIVACY
In order to protect private data, only the surveyor and coordinator are able to access the file in the computer system corresponding to an individual customer. Other employees will automatically be blocked from access to those files.
Individual coordinators handle specific corporate accounts and only they will have access to those files.
The General Manager and Sales Manager will be able to access all accounts. This way data protection is heightened and access to personal data is limited to only key staff members.
In an effort to become paper free, all communication is attached within the computer system. Therefore the person responsible for the file is able to upload any document and send it to the Corporate Account or private customer on demand.
Data is limited to each file in RedSky, this also provides a system to ensure accurate, complete and relevant personal information is uploaded in the computer in each correct file to increase efficiency and security.
MONITORING AND ENFORCEMENT
We provide in house training to ensure proper use of RedSky and also to make staff aware of the importance of Data Protection.
Any complaint or escalation regarding data privacy would immediately be communicated by the Move Coordinator to his/her Line Manager. For a serious matter the General Manager would become involved and the case reported to the local authorities such as the Police Force.
We review all aspects of our Quality Manual on an annual basis. There will also be individual meetings and training to ensure that the above procedure is being adhered to.
EUROPEAN UNION REGULATION NO. 2016/679
This is to make you fully aware of your rights under European Union Regulation no. 2016/679 concerning the collection, process and storage of your personal data by DASA International Movers – herein called the ‘Company’. Please read and consider its contents carefully and to the principles indicated under points 1 through 6.
1. Why we collect, process and store your personal data
In the course of doing business, we may collect personal data (the ‘Personal Data’) needed for the sole purpose of which it is intended – the shipment and Customs requirements involved in the movement of household goods and personal effects. We will store your Personal Data for two years from the date when the relevant Personal Data is collected. After that the Personal Data will be deleted.
2. Who will handle your personal data
Controller of the processing is Dubai Arabian Shipping Agency LLC, a limited liability company duly organized and existing under the laws of the Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates, with registered office in Dubai (UAE) at Office 317, Arenco Building 4, DIP1, P.O. Box 60883, herein called the ‘Company’. In general, the Company will be the one collecting, processing and storing the Personal Data. However the Company may share such Personal Data with other companies that are involved in the moving process, some of them also located outside the European Union. Anytime your data will be shared or transferred, it will only as part of the move process and any third parties shall be bound by a specific agreement in compliance with European Union Regulation no. 2016/679.
3. Who is in charge of your personal data treatment
Unless otherwise promptly communicated to you, the official in charge of your data shall be our Data Protection Officer SHARIQ SALI – contact firstname.lastname@example.org, +971501485970, herein called the “Data Protection Officer” or “DPO”). Our DPO will be happy to interact with you for any issues concerning your rights under European Union Regulation no. 2016/679.
4. What are your rights under the European Union Regulation no. 2016/679
Please note that, according to European Union Regulation no. 2016/679, you have, inter alia, the following rights.
• Right of access: right to obtain from the controller confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed and, where that is the case, access to your personal data and information regarding the purpose of the processing, the categories of the personal data concerned, the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed (in particular recipients in third countries or international organizations), the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, your rights under European Union Regulation no. 2016/679, the existence of automated decision-making, and, in case of personal data not collected from you, any available information as to their source.
• Right to rectification: right to obtain from the controller the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you.
• Right to erasure: right to obtain from the controller the erasure of personal data concerning you.
• Right to restriction of processing: right to obtain from the controller restriction of processing.
• Right to data portability: right to receive personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and right to transmit those data to another controller.
• Right to object: right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to processing of personal data concerning you.
• Right to withdraw the consent at any time.
• Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
5. Why we conform to the principles of European Union Regulation no. 2016/679
Dubai Arabian Shipping Agency LLC is a FIDI accredited company as partnerships with companies that operate worldwide, entering into transactions with clients having interests inside and outside the European Union, and desires to comply with European Union Regulation no. 2016/679, considering the same as the outmost regulation concerning the data protection, in order to guarantee to its clients the best protection in this field.
Data Privacy Protection – last review 21/06/2021